Monday, December 22, 2008

Still in Thanh Hoa ...





We are still waiting for word on when our G&R will be. Our agency rep told us that the papers were taken to the People's Committee on Monday, so we are desperately hoping that he will call today and let us know it has been scheduled. We have run out of wipes (Kiah's diarrhea has not stopped) but J&C have graciously given us some. The diaper supply is dwindling too. We are not able to leave the resort to go to town, so we are not sure what we will do if we have to be here much longer. Please pray for Kiah's stomach to settle and for us to be able to leave here tomorrow. He does not act like he feels bad, but as soon as he eats anything, he fills his diaper. We do have some Pedialyte and have given him some of that to help with the dehydration. I think we will all feel better once we get back to Hanoi. Thanks again for all the comments. We really look forward to reading them.

8 comments:

taylors said...

What a cutie! He has an awesome smile! And look at those teeth! I will pray for his tummy to calm down. For his sake and your's. I could overnight you some diapers & wipes. It's good to see Perry. I can't think of anything else to say expect we miss you, love you,are praying for you and can't wait til your home. My brain is fried from work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the photos of Kiah's sunny smile, complete with those two new teeth. And the three of you appear to be enjoying him, in spite of his delicate condition. Please forgive me for suggesting, but have you tried calling the orphanage to ask if this digestive problem is affecting any other children, and what treatment they would try? Scuttle is doing well. It has turned cold here - current temp is 32, and he loves it. We just came in from his evening stroll, and as soon as he steps into the coolness he is suddenly energized, jumping around and sniffing the air. He and Laney are both programmed for winter. Love you, miss you, counting the days -- Grampie

Len Wilkinson said...

Ha - great pictures! Love it! Pastor Len and I will pray today for baby Kiah's stomach and your return...

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love the new pictures of Kiah. I will certainly pray for Kiah's tummy and that you all will be back in Hanoi soon. We're heading to Mom and Dad's later today, but I'll try to keep track of you all by going to Frances's a couple of times. I'm going to go ahead and wish you all a Merry Christmas just in case I don't have a chance to send you a message again until we're back in Clinton. Merry Christmas with love...
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hey, guys!! Thanks so much for posting and giving us a look into your awesome journey. We all love looking at the pictures. I hope he is doing better today and that you can return to Hanoi very soon. Just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

jill said...

He is adorable and so are the family pictures. Huneycutts are on their way back to Wil. I sent a gift with her for Kiah. Merry Christmas to you all!

Tara Huneycutt said...

Perry you look good holding your son. Isn't it fun to experience a boy and a girl! It is funny to see that Laney and Kiah already look like brother and sister! I know she may undergo some transition, but she'll come around to just appreciate that she has a playmate in house now! Chad has laughed at your witty comments from the blog. Thanks for sharing!

Lara Fleming said...

Kiah looks so happy and content with his new family. Can't wait to hear that you've arrived home safely. Happy 2009 with your new family of 4! Love, Lara