Saturday, December 13, 2008

An Orphan's Ticket Home


As I was diligently pouring our carry-on liquids into 3 ounce containers and placing them in see-through 1 quart baggies, I received a call from my friend Shelley telling me I needed to take a look at AWAA's blog. AWAA is the agency we used when we adopted Laney. So, I logged on and this is what I saw. Laney's picture featured on their "Orphan's Ticket Home" campaign! This is a picture taken by my friend Tara a few years ago. I had submitted it for a calendar contest with AWAA. She didn't make the calendar, but they must have liked the picture! I have pasted the info below that goes along with the campaign. Also, if anyone out there wants to, they can go to AWAA's blog (http://www.adoptedbydesign.typepad.com/)and find out how to add the info to their blog or Facebook page (Becky, Tiffany?)

What is the Ultimate Christmas Gift? What if you gave an orphan a home this Christmas? Through our Orphan’s Ticket Home campaign, every donation you give goes directly to making this prayer a reality for over 5000 orphans. It’s the holiday season, a time when many of us buy a ticket home to see our families. But what if you had no family to go home to? Or even worse...what if you had no birth certificate or other document to legally verify your identity to allow you to get a ticket? Millions of orphaned children are stranded, stuck in systems that rob them of any chance to go home to a family. This fundraising campaign offers you an opportunity to provide them a ticket home. For some that means an adoptive home. For others it means a safe and clean transitional home where they can await adoption. And for some it simply means the initial stage of securing birth certificates that provide them with a legal identity, crucial legal documents that make the dream of a ticket to a loving home much more of a reality. Through An Orphan’s Ticket Home’s four initiatives, you can make this a reality for more orphans. Your donation will be the Ultimate Gift to an orphan!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Laney is a star! Always knew she was,

Counting down the hours with you, and praying for you each and every time you come to mind!

Heinrichs Family said...

You better get home quickly; my child will not stop telling me how much she misses Laney. I don't think I'll make it through New Year's! :)

taylors said...

We miss you guys! Scuttle is doing good. I had the pleasure of taking him for a walk today. I got to meet Annie. Their time together was brief but meaningful. Yeah, corny. Sorry!

jill said...

I knew that picture was print worthy, like they all are of Laney! Our Gap model! Tara